Smashbox - Create & Transform Master Class Palette
An eye, lip, and face palette of 18 essential shades and 11 iridescent duo-chrome transformers that instantly step up your makeup possibilities.
Learn to master the on-set technique Smashbox’s pro makeup artists use to create and instantly reinvent looks with transformer shades.
This collection features four palettes of essential lip, cheek and eye colors to help you create endless looks on their own, or blend them with transformers to pull off multiple looks. It includes over 76 additional eye shadows, 18 lipstick colors, and four blush shades that let you play up a new look every day. Each palette pops in and out for effortless on-the-go customization.
With one swipe, wearable day looks effortlessly turn into attention-grabbing night looks, silky mattes suddenly sparkle, and neutral lips get amped to vamp.
To get you started, Smashbox’s L.A. photo studio pros included three get-the-looks and shade-mixing tips for blending killer color combinations.
This palette contains NO Parabens, Phthalates or Sodium Lauryl Sulphate.
Cruelty Free? That's up for debate.
This palette contains:
- 10 x 0.28 oz/ 8 g Photo Op Eyeshadows in Vanilla (matte warm ivory), Washed Out (shimmer pale pink), Nude (matte light brown), Hazelnut (matte mid-tone brown), Armor (shimmer silver), So Spicy (shimmer mid-tone orange), Tailfeather (shimmer teal), Over Baked (shimmer wine), Plummy (matte red-purple), Night Shoot (shimmer black)
- 6 x 0.28 oz/ 8 g Eyeshadow Transformers in Bewitched (shimmer white), Dial Up (iridescent yellow), Filtered (iridescent peach), Strange Magic (iridescent pink), Say What? (iridescent purple), Spectral (iridescent blue)
- 3 x 0.42 oz/ 12 g Be Legendary Lipsticks in Audition (neutral rose), Red Rage (blue red cream), and Witchy (deep burgundy)
- 3 x 0.42 oz/ 12 g Lipstick Transformers in Bankrolled (cool grey cream), Double Take (iridescent purple shimmer), and Fiery (rose gold sparkle)
- 2 x 0.17 oz/ 4.8 g Powder Blushes in Guava (light coral) and Rosy (matte cool pink)
- 2 x 0.17 oz/ 4.8 g Cheek Transformers in Amp It (iridescent cool pink shimmer highlight) and Fuse Blown (iridescent coral shimmer highlight)
- 0.17 oz/ 4.8 g Contour, bronze, and highlight
- Pro Artist Tips & Tricks/Shade-Transforming Tips
All of the following swatches were taken under 5000k daylight fluorescent lighting.
I personally chose to purchase this palette because it seemed different. Not that you can't accomplish this with other products, because you absolutely can. I just enjoy the sort of chemist-like angle of makeup. It's fun to mix and match and make up your own colours and formulas.
The "Transformers" palette very much reminds me of the Trucco by Sebastian Holographic Colour Collection Angelface palette, which is now discontinued for a long time. I owned that palette back in the day, when I was working as an Esthetician. I loved that palette. So, when I first touched these ones, I was immediately transported back to the early 2000's. In researching that, it seems that the Kat Von D Alchemist palette may have a similar feel as well. I can't say for sure, as I don't own the Alchemist palette, myself.
Either way, I'm happy that I decided to order this palette. I think it'll definitely be fun to play around and experiment with.